Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login
Hi guys!

I have to confess to you about my last poll about porn.

I just wanted to make sure of evident thing, but all the same:)

Now I want to explain my question and suggest something to you for discussion.

I am former biologist (former - because modern Russia does not need scientists and most normal Russian scientists work and live in USA or Europe now), so I still have special point of view to anything, including porn.

Area of my interests was a synecology, population genetics and dynamics. I worked with wide range of biocenosis, mostly saprophages, but anyway, biological laws are common for all species, aren't they? For human beings too. I had a honor to work with nice scientists... well, I don't want to be boring, so here is my opinion: porn is a negative feedback loop in population dynamics of Homo sapiens. Maybe you know what is a "Malthusian trap", when reproduction of population grows faster, than reproduction of resources. Last year we all could see it in Arabia: the situation when a great amount of young people evidently understand that they will live worse, than their parents. I do know trials to explain the effect of "Arabian spring" with political reasons, but all of them are funny from my point of view. As biologist I see the main reason: too many young people in these countries. It's a result of rapid growth of population. The growth of prosperity always lags, it's natural low (Malthusian trap).

So, let's see a so called "golden billion" (USA, Europe, Japan, some other countries). One of its noticeable feature is a very low speed of growth. 1-2-3 children per family. And a lot of singles. What a reason? There are zillion reasons for all of us personally. But there is a level of population, next to "personal". And it is a negative feedback loop in population dynamics.

Porn makes young men to spend a lot of time at porn sites and masturbate. Young teen males don't date with living girls, don't have experience of real relations and real sex. They are not going to marry. They compares real girls with porn stars. It's a kinda castration.

As result speed of population growth decreases. Some time the population can live at the expense of previous generations. It supplies a high living standard (for a while) and an outward appearance of prosperity.

Propaganda of sexual minorities acts in the same way too. Homosexuals cannot have children. So it is the same "negative feedback loop" in population dynamics, like porn.

By the way, great revolution in my country (in 1917) was made in the same demographic situation like in modern Arabia: there was a great amount of young people. It was a result of previous prosperity in Russian Empire:) like in Arabia, which began to prosper in the end of last century due to high price of oil.

Paradox? No, just population dynamics.

Discuss, please;)
Add a Comment:
 
:iconslug22:
Slug22 Featured By Owner Sep 27, 2012
Sorry mate, I love porn and I'm married. When I was single I used porn less, always too busy getting my leg over ;) The dynamics of life come with personal choice. I can take precautions, I do take precautions I have no children. Icannot obtain or they are unavailable we have many children. So maybe it is more down to political and religious ethics than pornography :)
Reply
:iconrjbaudouin:
RJBaudouin Featured By Owner Sep 22, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I was surprised by your point of view that is totally a nonsence for me, but I was most surprised by the reactions that agreed by, what i call, a sophist argumentation without being "chocked". Well I though, as demographist, that if occidental population have low birth compare to population such africa, it's due to access to contraception and education to do it (like not being affected by the religion rules, or not being considerer as a bitch because you use contraceptive) and not the access to pono movie. In occident the demoraphy became to decrease after industrial revolution and I don't think it was due to pornography. And now with internet, the pornography really increase, so in proportion there will no more birth. In France we have a highter demography than our neighbors, is that mean we watch less porn ? I don't think so ...

And i have just one last argument against that thesis, who prefer a porn instead a real person ? It's just movie, an entertainment ... we don't make less war since rambo movies released ... :p
Reply
:iconviolet-amnesia:
Violet-amnesia Featured By Owner Aug 24, 2012
I have been wondering about the effects of both of these things in society, and what an ironic twist it has taken. Thank you for this insight, what and interesting read. Let there be porn!
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Aug 24, 2012
It's not good, it's not bad, I don't introduce my personal relation here. It's just a fact. If you vote for depopulation and cleaning of the environment - it's good. Better than bombs, epidemics and hunger. But what anybobody does think about their kids?
Reply
:iconviolet-amnesia:
Violet-amnesia Featured By Owner Aug 24, 2012
My first reaction to depopulation is not a good feeling, but then I think about how this would benefit future population's lives. Like you said, I would definitely have to say that porn, and gay marriage are MUCH better options than say bombs or genocide (which I am against). As far as children go, I have not had any yet. I am only 20 years old. I do wish to have them. There is a bit of a contradiction in my statement, I realize. How can somebody who wants children also agree with depopulation? I guess not everything is black and white.
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Aug 24, 2012
Yes. I'm 48 y.o., my daughter is 26, my grandaughter is 1.5
So difficult to judge.
My niece will give birth to a boy soon.
I do want he will be a man. Hope you understand me;)
Reply
:iconviolet-amnesia:
Violet-amnesia Featured By Owner Aug 24, 2012
you are blessed in your life! i do understand. :]
Reply
:iconstudiosomnium:
StudioSomnium Featured By Owner Jun 11, 2012  Professional Photographer
I don't mean to be disrespectful but your idea just doesn't pan out. First, your premise depends on the assumption that porn is something new. As has been amply pointed out in other messages, porn is not new. Erotic imagery is as old as culture itself. A few years ago we had burlesque, then adult theater, now internet porn. While the medium has changed dramatically, the product has not. Sexual fantasy has always been a part of life and there is no evidence whatsoever that it is only now beginning to affect birth rates.

Second, your position assumes that porn is inherently unhealthy in that, at a minimum, it skews male attitudes about ideal sex. Even if this assumption were well grounded, it would still not lead to the conclusion that porn has impeded human reproduction. Allowing, for the sake of argument, that porn actually does skew male sexual perspective in any measurable way, this would not mean that males could not reproduce, only that they do so in less effective (ie lower quality) ways. In other words, men might be bad in bed, but they are still in bed.

Finally, there are a host of other more reasonable, and better supported, explanations for the various growth rates evident in different parts of the world. If you look more closely at the statistics for a given area you will notice that birth rates are not constant within a country. Rather these rates vary depending on the population subgroup under consideration. For example, here in the US, upper class, educated, whites tend to have very low birth rates while conservative groups and minorities continue to reproduce at rates well above the replacement.

Finally, porn tends to be most heavily consumed by the same groups that are having the most babies. If your theory were true we would expect those groups with the lowest birth rates to consume the most porn; ie upper class whites (in the US anyway). The correlation just isn't evident in the data. Here in the US the so called bible belt states (large swath of southeastern US, consumes porn at substantively higher rates than the rest of the country but maintain some of the highest birthrates in the country. In other words, the part of the country watching the most porn, is having plenty of babies. Perhaps porn actually drives procreation? I don't know, but it certainly isn't hurting birth rates.
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Jul 17, 2013
>> While the medium has changed dramatically, the product has not.
>> Sexual fantasy has always been a part of life and there is no
>> evidence whatsoever that it is only now beginning to affect birth rates.

You are right, it's not something new. But modern style of life is. In old days little clerk returned into his small room with books, candle or kerosene lamp after work. The peasant returned  into the house with big family. Modern young man of middle or low social class returns into the same room, but there is a computer with internet access. He returns into internet world after work. In this world he can read the best literature, he can enhance his education etc etc, but he is tired after working day, so he goes to porn site, jerk and goes to bed. And so every day. Maybe I am wrong (I am not young), but I know many young guys and I guess their way of life is exactly such I described. "There is no evidence whatsoever that it is only now beginning to affect birth rates". I agree, I have no statistically significant results of researches of this kind. If I had, I wrote a scientific article, not a journal at dA. But it's just observation: I (in my 22 y.o.) was a father and I had a wife. Now I see a lot of guys "almost 30" without wife, without children, without even wish to have them. Maybe it's a local problem of my country, but I guess it's a global problem. Late children are weak children, every honest physician can say it (I work in medical company now).

>> Second, your position assumes that porn is inherently unhealthy in
>> that, at a minimum, it skews male attitudes about ideal sex

Read my post, please. I did not give an evaluation is it negative or positive. I've just stated it's a kind of mechanism of Malthusian negative feedback loop in population dynamics. In old days it were wars, epidemics and hunger, now they are porn, homosexualism, video/pc/etc games etc. Much, much softer than wars and genocide. We are so fluffy kittens now. Humanism FTW!

Ah, and yes, it DOES skew male attitudes about ideal sex. Because real girl, even your next-door neighbor or classmate is much more pleasant and atractive than all porn stars in the world, believe me. Internet technologies cannot compete with real girls yet.
Reply
:iconstudiosomnium:
StudioSomnium Featured By Owner Jul 18, 2013  Professional Photographer
I won't argue that a "real girl" is more attractive, but there are some of those in porn. :-)
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Jul 18, 2013
Porn stars don't smell. Moreover, they are just a matrix of pixels, no more. All my models are real, usual next-door-girls, no profs. They are in any country, in any city of the world. That's what I want to say in my account at dA:) Kinda "Live your living life", no more
Reply
:iconstudiosomnium:
StudioSomnium Featured By Owner Jul 18, 2013  Professional Photographer
Great perspective!
Reply
:icononeworldtsnjco:
OneWorldTsnJCo Featured By Owner Aug 19, 2012
Well said.
Reply
:iconstudiosomnium:
StudioSomnium Featured By Owner Aug 19, 2012  Professional Photographer
Thanks! I love this kind of discussion.
Reply
:iconlegalizeeverything:
legalizeeverything Featured By Owner Mar 21, 2012
I recommend to you the following book: David Goldman, How Civilizations Die (and Why Islam is Dying Too) [link]

the author does not discuss pornography specifically, though what you suggest is consistent with his thesis
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Mar 21, 2012
I see, thank you. I didn't obtain this book yet, but have searched the Net about this author and his book. "Mr. Goldman pointed to the massive decline in Muslim birthrates attending the growing education of women. Iranian women, for example, used to bear 7 children on average; now the rate has fallen to 1.5". It's a current moment. It means Arabian/Muslim world joins "advanced" part of mankind;) But it's a new trend. Modern "Arabian spring" may be a consequence of former trend, when women continued to have 5-7 children and good medicine and social politics allowed these children to reach reproductive age. Oil money allowed it. Mr. Goldman writes about future. Maybe he is right, idk. But now:

average age of population:
EARTH: 29.0
USA 36.9
S. Korea 36.9
N. Korea 32.9
Iran 26.8
Lybia 24.5
Egypt 24.3
Syria 21.9
Germany 44.9 (remember about immigrants)
France 39.9 (remember about immigrants)

Sapienti sat, I guess.
Reply
:iconlegalizeeverything:
legalizeeverything Featured By Owner Mar 21, 2012
You are correct. Goldman is writing about the future. His analysis is fascinating, though, and it is consistent with the point you are making about pornography.
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Mar 21, 2012
Porn kills. Really:)
Reply
:iconjay-jackson:
Jay-Jackson Featured By Owner Mar 10, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Umm what . . . "Young teen males don't date with living girls", "Don't have experience of real relations." "They are not going to marry" ???

How many teens have you interviewed? What data have you gathered to support these wild (see rediculous) theories?

Do we want teens making babies? Is there not enough population already? Are you on drugs? Is this journal post deliberate nonsense?

If you believe in what you are championing do you feel any conflict of interest?

Stick to photography.

Just sayin.
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Mar 11, 2012
thank you very much for your deeply thoughtful, calm and intelligible comment.
Reply
:iconjay-jackson:
Jay-Jackson Featured By Owner Mar 13, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Welcome.
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Mar 21, 2012
:D
Reply
:iconozymandias-nyc:
Ozymandias-NYC Featured By Owner Mar 7, 2012   Photographer
I see several problems with your thesis. One is the assertion that these activities (viewing erotica, self stimulation, video games, etc.) are actually substitutes for or suppressors of sexual activity that can produce offspring. There seems little if any direct evidence for this. On the contrary, considerable archeological evidence exists testifying to the very ancient and enduring association of erotic fetish objects and imagery with fertility rituals, not the discouragement of sexual productivity. It also overlooks the reality that surveys show a significant percentage of modern and contemporary couples incorporate erotic imagery and fetishes into their general sexual experience that still ends in productive copulation. Your assertion regarding same sex couples also overlooks the fact that a growing number of such couples are actually finding ways to have children through adoption as well as other means—activities which arguably enable sustained rather than suppressed birth rates.

Rising education levels and economic affluence do appear to have a negative effect on population growth. These have been demonstrated. The mechanisms at work appear to be deferral of marriage to later stages of life as well as the use of modern methods of contraception, not masturbation or absorption in the Internet or video games.
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Mar 9, 2012
>> One is the assertion that these activities (viewing erotica, self stimulation, video games, etc.) are actually substitutes for or suppressors of sexual activity that can produce offspring. There seems little if any direct evidence for this.

Answer: [link] I am neither psychologist, nor sociologist, so I can tell about this theme in population biology context only. This article is psychologic. BTW, I found it via [link] club. They submitted a journal entry about it a few days later than this my one. Coincidence:)

Intuitively this my statement looks rather evident for me. I don't know, why it seems to you disputable, perhaps it caused by difference of cultures where we live in. 2 thousands ago there was an offensive word "malakia" in Greek language, in Hellenized near East. It meant "masturbator", "passive homosexual", "weak", "non-man".

>> On the contrary, considerable archeological evidence exists testifying to the very ancient and enduring association of erotic fetish objects and imagery with fertility rituals, not the discouragement of sexual productivity.

participating in rituals of fertility cult is not equal modern sitting at porn-sites. At all, I guess:XD:

>> It also overlooks the reality that surveys show a significant percentage of modern and contemporary couples incorporate erotic imagery and fetishes into their general sexual experience that still ends in productive copulation.
Yet another evidence of decreasing sexuality and loss of passion. "Malakia race"?

>> Your assertion regarding same sex couples also overlooks the fact that a growing number of such couples are actually finding ways to have children through adoption as well as other means—activities which arguably enable sustained rather than suppressed birth rates.
If somebody wants to adopt somebody, somebody must give birth to somebody:)

In general, I told about a bit another problem. I wanted to say, the excessive birth rate is not good (Malthusian trap) and the excessive loss of birth rate is not good too, because it causes the ageing of people, it stops development and even simple reproduction of state prosperity. Porn, video games, family planning, etc, etc work as birth suppressors and even look much more better than "traditional" birth suppressors: wars, epidemics, revolutions(+civil wars). But these modern mechanisms make us weak, uninquisitive and sluggish. I see a problem here. If Europeans lived in prosperity and pleasure, they never invaded America. If we all lived in Eden we never had science, technologies, computers, ships, satellites and spacecrafts.

It seems to me modern "advanced" part of mankind think they live in paradise already and it's time to be peaceful hedonistic kids. I am sure somebody (and something) can remind us that it's a mistake:)
Reply
:iconin2ni:
in2ni Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Hello,

In my opinion, so-called "Arabian Spring" has little correlation with demography, but more with new medias: internet, Al-Jazeera.

Moreover, birth rate is not declining everywhere in Western Europe. First, demography was decreasing before birth of Internet. Fertility rate was very low in 1990's in France (about 1.6), but came to reach 2 to after year 2000, and is still high nowadays.
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2012
I wanted to say porn is particular item of long list of modern malthusian mechanisms. They were wars, epidemics and hunger in the Middle Ages. They are family planning, feminism, homosexualism, hedonism, etc now. Later -- developed entertainment industry, video and computer games and pornography. They became much more soft and humanistic. Birth control caused prosperity of nation (outward appearance of prosperity only, because old people cannot support the process of further reproduction of prosperity) and make nation non-aggressive, non-curious, non-expansive. Look at modern American continent. It's a result of expansion of Spain and Britain in the past. Look at our (global) success in space technologies. It seems to be just toys. There was ready project of interplanetary heavy ship in USSR in the end of 50's. Where it is now? Mankind does not want to expand anymore. National governments are interested in fast political results only.

Other your statements.

Modern medias and other advanced technologies did "orange revolution" in Ukraine. But there were no enough hungry youth. Where are results of this revolution? :XD:

And do not tell me about modern French birth rate:) It's pure immigrant Arabian birth rate, not French:)
Reply
:iconin2ni:
in2ni Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Birth rate is birth rate, no matter from where people come from.

And if people became less aggressive, less expansive, it's a good thing.

But for this I am very doubtful.

Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Feb 29, 2012
>> Birth rate is birth rate, no matter from where people come from.
"no matter" for communists and left socialists, "nice" for Islamic fundamentalists, monsieur Le Pen, his daughter and granddaughter are not happy about it, I guess:)

>> And if people became less aggressive, less expansive, it's a good thing.
I agree, but it is empty dream, people (and even animals) cannot live like in Eden. I read about experiments with rats: a group of them was held in absolutely ideal conditions. After a while some individuals tried to leave this paradise. Even cockroaches have kinda "reconnaissance companies". Uninquisitive and non-expansive species do not survive. Only sheeps are absolutely uninquisitive, but they are very domesticated, they live under total protection of men and dogs. Who will protect us? Other people only, more aggressive and more expansive :XD:
Reply
:iconin2ni:
in2ni Featured By Owner Feb 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Your partially agree for point 2, but I do believe that the Kropotkin ideas in Взаимопомощь как фактор эволюции (Mutual Aid: A Factor of Evolution) are now scientifically proven.
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Feb 29, 2012
passionarity does not exclude mutual aid, both factors work together. Apotheosis of mutual aid we can see among Hymenoptera, where sterile females dedicate their lives for sisters and mother. Have you ever seen a war between two ant hills of Formica rufa? I have. It was kinda Stalingrad!:D
Reply
:iconmenca:
menca Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2012
I can only agree with you on this notion. Not sure if anyone mentioned it already, but I'd like to add a wider angle here.

That's just how the complex stochastic systems work. Nothing is ever static in those systems, all cyclical. Like the prey vs. predator model, and well.. basically like most of any of the things/processes in nature and universe.

Some aspect of the system grows and grows and grows, exponentially. And then when it reaches the tipping point, then bang, the system collapses. Bubble bursts, so to speak. I've read one rather interdisciplinary paper, where author explored such dynamics over a wide variety of different fields: in biology, physics/chemistry, politics and societal systems, and actually art too. In his comparison, it was quite evident, when he traced how the prevalent direction of the art changed almost synchronously with the main Kondratiev cycles, etc. By direction, he meant the mostly "leftbrain" and "rightbrain" dominance over the mainstream artistic expression.

So, well.. knowing all this, sometimes it is quite am,using to observe people, or groups of people, who get totally hung up on one narrow aspect or part of the cycle they are in. Some even get offended or obsessed about something..

:)

Ah, the porn. I have to admit I only recently took time to read this classic scifi blockbuster "Footfall" by Niven/Pournelle. There was a nice moment, when invading aliens take cultural media samples for study, but only from 2 places, one of which happen to be a quite extensive porn vhs collection from some guys den. They got a bit puzzled, to say the least. :D
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2012
Yep, when I was a student I was impressed by Feigenbaum's work, where it was stated. Later I played myself with pop. dynamics difference equations and tried similar models using non-regular Markov processes (chaos theory was in fashion, we all did it). It was a shock to see how unstable these systems are. "Paradise and equilibrium on the Earth is impossible and it is an immanent property of the universe". Cool! I remember about it every time when hear entreaties about "stable growth" in economic news over the radio. Growth=chaos=death (for systems with limited resources).
This my post is about one particular aspect which restrains the growth. I guess porn industry supresses human reproduction just as well as cholera:) So every porn studio may take slogans "We care about Environment!", "Jerk, not Kill!" etc :XD:
Reply
:iconnormand2222:
normand2222 Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2012
I don't come here often enough....

Wow! Interesting perspective of porn.
I must have missed it, your poll also brings about many questions too!
I suspect that drug abuse follows the porn industry as well.
Have you considered evaluating that correlation as well?

Do you/anyone collect porn? If so, what do you value most and why?
What is your determining difference between nude photography, and Porn? (Everyone's got their own reasons)
And lastly, If you do have a porn collection, do you hide it and how often do you re/view your collection?

Myself, I used to have a collection; most was destroyed by flood in 2005 and I never looked at it for a while so I just got rid of it.
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2012
1) yeah, drugs are negative feedback loop in population dynamics too, no doubt. As computer and video games, feminism, homosexualism, etc. Modern Malthusian factors are soooo cool and nice! Wars, epidemics, revolutions, hunger --- aren't they too much horrible? Porn and masturbation is better, really! Well, there is a threat that other civilizations will replace us, but... we are so humanistic, aren't we? :D:D

2) No, I don't collect anything including porn on my HD. Because we live in XXI century and we have 24-hours wideband access to internet. Go to CLOUD!
Reply
:iconmexicanguy:
MexicanGuy Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2012
whow.. interesting point of view..
Reply
:icongooregan:
Gooregan Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2012
I wonder if the correlation really stands a deeper scientific study, but might be worth a closer look.

After all the amount of porn consumed by people should definitely correlate with a more leisure-oriented society, as we have in Western nations. It might well be that these kind of societies are less willing (or needing) to commit in closer relationships - like marriage and having children.
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2012
Yes. In this case Japan, S. Korea, habitants of all large and superlarge cities are "Western" too:)
Reply
:icongooregan:
Gooregan Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2012
You can be absolutely sure that Japan and South Korea have a Westernized lifestyle - and so do the wealthy parts of large and superlarge cities. ;)
Reply
:icongoldieimages:
goldieimages Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Interesting hypothesis and I understand your point of view, but I don't think it's a significant factor in the number of singles and the declining birth rates.

My opinion is that the high financial and emotional costs of divorce is turning off men from marriage and having kids (after all, why risk your financial stability and have kids you may never see again?). And I also believe that the higher population densities in cities is giving men an abundance of choice of women to date from: it's the paralysis of choice. With so many women to choose from, they're unable to settle on one when they believe that one better is just around the corner.

And the last thing is that women are choosing the have kids later because they want to have a career first, and then have kids. But some find they can't have their cake and eat it too, and get to 35 and find they're not as fertile as they thought and despite their best efforts, are unable to get pregnant. These women also find that once they get to 35 and they're still single, they're not as physically attractive to other 35yr old men (who are able to fish in the pond with 20+yr old women) and 35yr old men know that an older women is unlikely to give them children (should they choose to sire them).
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2012
Yes, exactly so, it's even funny that situation is the same around the world, in spite of all national, cultural, economic and other differences.

And the new trend is appearing: single women in 30-40 already don't want kids, don't want husband and start to behave like "traditional" men, I mean something kinda "macho", Stud:) They hunt for boys for sex only. ("Sex and the City" movie and its popularity among women around the world says all:)) And this "inversion of gender behavior" acts in the same stream: population control!

40 years ago si-fi authors frightened us with apocalyptical pictures of overpopulation. Nobody of them could not imagine that future mankind can be a world of old people:)

It is not something new. Demographic problems were in Ancient Rome, senators of Rome spoke much about "immoral matrons", Augustus passed the law "ius trium liberorum", but Rome failed, nevertheless:)
Reply
:iconweerwulf:
weerwulf Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
both of you have a part of the explanation ..but it's strange that nobody consider the environemental and sociologic factors : what about the use of chemicals in order to stop the mugs sexual behaviour , with the side effects on mankind ?
What about the trousers 'fashion , entrapping the male eggs in overheat ?
What about the psychiatric female transformation , willings eggs which should never grow and trying to cut the same eggs out their sons and husbands ?
What about the female lawyers and juges , acting only in order to cut the male wings instead to consider the law ?
Nevertheless , the roman concept of the "Pater famillias " with the leading and protective face , assorted by the life's and dead's rights , is well over .
Reply
:iconchaosfruitbat:
chaosfruitbat Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Interesting for sure, though I have a lovely girlfriend who I see as more then a sex object, and I also enjoy porn. Perhaps I am the exception to the rule?
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2012
I meant addiction more than consumption. I am not psychologist, but I guess the very first sexual impressions are very important for young male. My generation has them from living real girls. I see modern generation has them from virtual world. Maybe, it's normal, btw. Evolution, etc. Some thousands years age almost every man killed animals to eat meat. Now we have MacDonalds^_^
Reply
:iconchaosfruitbat:
chaosfruitbat Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I completely understand, a very good point. Perhaps the real issue is censorship and the freedom of the internet? Stopping children/young people from seeing pornographic images should be policed with greater efficiency?
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2012
:):) yeah, I see your sarcasm.
Just imagine a fantastic situation (so-called "imaginary experiment"): you are a rich magnate in ancient world. You have vineyards, houses, gold, herds of horses etc. And you have a son. In current moment he is teenage, but he is your heir. As a son of rich man, he has many nice abilities, he ride best horses, wear nice clothes and he can have sex with dozens of beautiful girls among your slaves. They are slaves, they cannot refuse. Your son enjoys his life. You realize it would be nice to marry him with daughter of your rich neighbor, beautiful girl, but he does not need it. Life is beautiful without this bullshit with marriage and kids and capricious wife! And she is economically independent, she CAN say "hey, I don't like it" or "you're stupid, dear". You realize somebody must have and manage your property after your death, but your son doesn't intersting in it. Because it's so boring and difficult!

If you will make censorship and prohibit him to fuck poor obedient maids, he will be angry and will try to do it in secret ("Old fart is crazy!").

So you have to explain him WHAT do you want from him. Plain prohibitions don't work.

So... this is kinda model of situation with porn and teen males: it's difficult to explain that quick pleasure is not pleasure.
Reply
:iconchaosfruitbat:
chaosfruitbat Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Apologies, I wasnt trying to be sarcastic at all, so sorry if you thought so!

I really meant that perhaps people who are older or more mature can handle the understanding that porn is fantasy, and perhaps we should be looking at better ways to ensure young people do not get to see it ?
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2012
It is very deep problem, more deeper than it seems at first thought. Any prohibition for ANY free creature is a challenge. And does not work. Because the creature is FREE. I'm afraid to be boring, but here is the next "imaginary experiment": just imagine, you have a 2 years old baby and he/she tries to put his/her fingers into electric socket (220V). What will you do? Of course, you will beat his/her hand and will shout "stop it!". Because 2 years old baby cannot understand any smart explanation about electrons, electricity, electric shock etc. But he/she can understand the direct prohibition. "Daddy said it is not good", that's enough.

Teenager can not. Because he/she is almost adult and very arrogant. Daddy is not an authority anymore.

So... direct prohibitions don't work. Only personal example and fine methods of education.
Reply
:iconphydeau:
phydeau Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
There's strong evidence to the effect of population saturation leading to a natural culling of said population. I think homosexuality, and other non-reproductive sexual acts are actually a PART of nature to fix the Malthusian Dilemma.
Reply
:iconleadbirdie:
leadbirdie Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2012
:nod: I'd like to add computer and video games to this list. As part of nature. Warcraft is a reason of millions non-born babies:)
Reply
:iconstripwalker:
Stripwalker Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Hmmm I like the way you explain that- I do know that in countries where porn is more common place sexual assault and violence doesnt happen near as much so I think you have the right of it- it is a way of 'controlling' the population in many ways.
Reply
Add a Comment:
 
×

:iconleadbirdie: More from leadbirdie



More from DeviantArt



Details

Submitted on
January 13, 2012
Link
Thumb

Stats

Views
27,826
Favourites
2 (who?)
Comments
85
×